Last updated: August 2021
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, unique text files that a website sends to your computer when you visit a site and do things on it – these can be session cookies which terminate when you close a browser, or persistent cookies which will remain until you delete them. For example, we use a persistent cookie for your login, so that you don’t need to log in every time you visit Overlook Photography.
For more details about cookies and details of how to delete and disable cookies you can visit www.aboutcookies.org
How cookies are used on Overlook Photography?
Here are the services we, and our users may use when you browse Overlook Photography or user stories (this also applies to logged-in users too):
- Google Analytics – Used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website.
- Google Adsense – Helps us understand user interaction with the website.
- Hotjar – Page heatmaps and feedback collection.
- Cloudflare – Part of our network infrastructure.
- Facebook – Used to collect information on how users from Facebook interact with our website.
- Pinterest – Used to collect information on how users from Pinterest interact with our website.
- Bing – Used to collect information on how users from Bing interact with our website.
- Honeybadger – Used for error reporting
- NewRelic – This monitors the overall performance of the site, especially page speed.
- Google Firebase – we use this to count the “pic views” on images, so we can let our photographers know which of their images are the most popular.
Information collected from users helps us create interesting and tailor-made advertising for you elsewhere on the web. Overlook Photography collects information in a pseudonymised way – including information on your computer and Internet access, operating system as well as platform, date and time of your visit or products viewed. This is done using cookies stored on your computer that make identifying a pseudonymised user possible without any reference to your personal data.
This data collection is used to carry our user-based advertising campaigns on the following platforms:
- Google, Inc. – Information on data protection with Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- LinkedIn – Information on data protection with LinkedIn can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Facebook Inc. – Information on data protection with Facebook Inc. can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Pinterest, Inc. – Information on data protection with Pinterest can be found here: https://policy.pinterest.com/en-gb/privacy-policy
- Bing – Information on data protection with Pinterest can be found here: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
If you do not wish to receive user-based advertising material, you can object to it through your preferences on the respective platforms. In your browser settings you can adjust the usage restrictions for all third-party cookies.